Steps for server replication with CloudEndure
Sequence of steps is important, skipping one of the steps will result in errors during CloudEndure agent installation or after starting the replication.
- Configure AWS Credentials in CloudEndure Console (more details)
- CloudEndure User IAM Access Key and Secret Access Key is already provided for you in the Event Engine Dashboard
- Refresh the browser after saving AWS credentials to fetch latest information from your AWS account
- Configure Replication Settings in CloudEndure Console (more details)
- Leave ‘Default’ Replication Server instance type
- Select public subnet for the Replication Server, to ensure connectivity between source environment and the Replication Server -
- Install CloudEndure agent on source machine(s) (more details)
- Commands for installing agent can also be obtained from the CloudEndure console Machines -> MACHINE ACTIONS -> Add Machines
- Configure Blueprint in CloundEndure Console per replicated machine (more details)
- Use only *.large (and smaller) machine types
- Make sure to select proper subnet (do you need a private of public one?)
- Make sure to select an IP that works in your subnet or ‘Create new’ option
- If you don’t see input fields on the BLUEPRINT page or it’s hard to scroll through them, scale down your screen (Control -).
- When the replication is finished - perform Cutover (more details)
- This time skip testing and go straightover to Cutover to save time (we’ve tested this image multiple times)
- If you don’t see your job in the Job Progress window, refresh the browser (F5) and make sure to scroll to the top of the drop-down list of CloudEndure jobs
- When the webserver is running in AWS, update /var/www/html/wp-config.php to point at the new database
- Make sure you have updated AWS Credentials on the Setup & Info tab
- Make sure to select subnet in the Replication Settings on the Setup and Info tab
- When you’ve made changes to the project Replication Settings, remove machine from the Machines list (Machine Actions -> Remove from Console) and install CloudEndure agent again to restart the replication process
- If your cutover Fails with error mentioning Availability Zone us-west-2d and you didn’t use it in your VPC - check machine Blueprint if the target subnet is configured.